Pagina's

Monday 30 May 2011

Get it right?


I’ve just presented my project, and to be honest I think it was horrible! The 3 other people who needed to judge me were so mean and horrible to me! So I’m a bit down right now.
To keep you all up with me, I’ll present my project once more today, but this time to you. Feel free to share your thoughts with me about it, cause I don’t see the big mistakes my judges saw.

We needed to make a house in the middle of a hill (but first thought. Who wants to build in the middle of a hill when you got a flat and empty surface on top of the hill and down the hill!) Me needed to start with 4 spaces that were linked to each other. In the beginning I chose to experiment and pick cylindrical spaces to build in my project. But the result of that didn’t satisfy my feeling about it and I went to redefine everything. I came up with 3 rectangular spaces who were on top of each other. They follow the slope of the hill. To top those rectangular spaces, I still used a cylindrical space. The way it was connected to the other spaces was so spectacular and eye catching that I didn’t want to lose that.  In the next faze we needed to make it like a home, so I placed the living spaces in the big rectangular ones and the cylindrical space became an out-side space to give a nice romantic add-on with the parents’ bedroom.

Some photo's of my models: 





The judges thought I was too busy with form, and not with architecture.  Also the cylindrical space they questioned. But in my opinion, that space is a nice effect in the whole project. It came there throughout experimenting with things, and it stayed there. If it would be rectangular like the other spaces it would be a boring project in my opinion. I needed something expressive and spectacular to satisfy my thoughts about it. But is wasn’t good enough.

So now I’m wondering, what have I done wrong? How can I learn from this? And how can I get it right? Is there is any right? And with all these thoughts there’s one Glee song that fits! Here is it, cause it fits so well with my feelings and thoughts about my project.



Let’s hope for the best for my project.
And now I’m going to relax a few hours (Scrapbooking!!) so I can start with a fresh head tomorrow. Examinations are coming up next week.
Wish it was July already!!
Xxx
Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment